GalleriesContact for physical artwork enquiries
Born 1980, Dutch-Brazilian, lives and works everywhere.
Rafaël Rozendaal is a visual artist who uses the internet as his canvas. His artistic practice consists of websites, installations, drawings, writings and lectures. Spread out over a vast network of domain names, he attracts a large online audience of over 15 million visits per year.
His work researches the screen as a pictorial space, reverse engineering reality into condensed bits, in a space somewhere between animated cartoons and paintings. His installations involve moving light and reflections, taking online works and transforming them into spatial experiences.
He also created BYOB (Bring Your Own Beamer), an open source DIY curatorial format that is spreading across the world rapidly.
- BYOB Venezia Venice Biennial, Venezia, IT, (curator)
- File Festival Rio de Janeiro, BZ
- I’m good TSCA, Tokyo, JP
- Broken Self Spencer Brownstone Gallery, New York, USA
- Yes For Sure NIMK, Amsterdam, NL
- Bienal de Valencia Valencia, Spain
- New Masters of Universe Moca Taipei, Taiwan, TW