Sedition is the trading name for Sedition Art Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with No 06879348, registered office in Surrey, RH8 0DT, United Kingdom.
“You” means the individual to whom this policy relates, a member, a subscriber or an artist on Sedition.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z2519836.
Personal data, or personal information, means data which relates to an identifiable living person. As a member, subscriber or artist on Sedition you agree to share some personal information with us.
What data we collect
- your name
- your email address
- your profile image and your location
- when browsing our site and apps we collect IP address, location and language settings
- information based on your activities on Sedition (such as relating to your Member Content or your activity as a purchaser or seller of Editions or subscriptions)
- your contact details such as delivery address if you purchase physical goods
- correspondence through Sedition, and correspondence sent to us by you
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including device and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from Sedition, ad data, and web log information
- information we ask you to submit to verify your identity
Additionally, we will collect extra information from artists who submit art works to sell on Sedition:
- CVs, biographies, list of exhibitions
- signatures to be included in the art work certificate
- phone number and contact details
- billing and company details such as name, address, VAT number or registration number
- bank account or payment details for fee payments
Why we process data
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of agreement to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
How we use and share data
We use your information to
- provide Sedition services to you
- allow you to access your account and your personal art collection
- provide information about our art work to you
- keep you informed about art work, artists and events that we think you may find interesting
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- communicate with you
- administer our site and apps, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- keep our site safe and secure
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- for security and to check your identity
We will not sell, distribute or lease this data to any third parties unless we have your permission or we are required to do so by law.
Transferring your Information Outside Europe
How long we will retain your data
Your personal data may be disclosed if we or an entity processing your data on our behalf are compelled to do so by law, or receive a valid, legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
Cookies are small files which, depending on your browser settings, may be automatically stored on your device’s hard drive when your Web browser accesses a specific Web page. On Sedition, we use several cookies to offer you the best possible experience. The cookies on Sedition are safe and don’t store any personal information by which users can be identified.
Here's a summary of the cookies we use:
These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Sedition Service as you have requested. For example, they are used to securely persist login state when you navigate Sedition website; they store your preferred currency and language; they are used to keep history of callouts you have closed so they are not showed again.
Third party cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies are used to analyse how users access Sedition website. These cookies are not identifiable (they are not tied to your email address or any other personal identifier). We use this data to learn how people navigate Sedition website. It helps us improve our service.
- Stripe cookies are used to provide Stripe Checkout service.
- Other online advertising or web analytics cookies to target advertising to users of Sedition, based on users’ activity on websites within those networks, or to optimise the web experience.
Please note you can set your browser to reject cookies. If you do so, you may not be able to obtain and use an Account on Sedition, nor will you be able to use certain aspects of the Services. You can find out how to manage cookies, and to make the changes to your browser that we refer to above at this site: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
We may use 3rd party tracking tools to collect anonymous information about the use of Sedition. For example, we may log how much time you spend on each page, which pages you visit and how often. This information is not personally identifiable and The websites you visit, including those of advertisers, have their own privacy policies. We advise you to review the privacy policies of websites before providing them with any of your personal information.
When you become a member of Sedition, or have agreed to be contacted by email for marketing, we may use your personal information to send you:
- Information about new artists or new art work releases
- Marketing updates
- Product notifications
- Art Stream notifications
- Trade notifications
Each of these communications will give you the opportunity of opting-out of receiving future similar communications. You can control the communications you receive from us through your Account Preferences or from each email where you will find an unsubscribe button.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our Member database and access to this database is restricted internally.
However, it remains each Member's responsibility:
- to ensure no-one else uses Sedition while the Member’s machine is 'logged on' to Sedition
- to log off or exit from your Account when not using it
- to keep his/her password or other access information secret
Any Sedition Artists remain also responsible for acquiring consent and maintaining the integrity of their contacts lists which they may use to invite contacts to view their work on Sedition.
Exercising Your Rights
Sedition offers you, in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, rights at any time:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you
- to modify your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent)
- to ask us to stop or start sending you email notifications or marketing messages as described below in the email communications section
- to restrict processing of your personal data
- to data portability of your personal data
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, please enter your account settings and update them accordingly.
In relation to the deletion of your Sedition account, please note that you can exercise this right from your account settings. If you delete your account, all of your personal data will be permanently erased. However please note you will also delete any access to your artworks which are stored in your Vault, so you will no longer be able to view them. If you wish to keep access to your artworks active, you may retain the account, make your profile private from your account settings and unsubscribe from all emails from your account preferences.
As an Artist on Sedition, you may have the right to delete your account as long as no works have been sold to any collector. When one or more of your Editions have been sold, your Work and profile page must remain available to Collectors who have purchased the work. Please consult the full Artist Terms for more information.
To inspect, change or correct your identity and contact information, please log-in to your Account and visit Account Settings and Preferences. If you have other questions about the handling or protection of your personal data, a written enquiry should be addressed to by email to email@example.com.